sunday afternoon, my dear katie came over for some downton abbey watching and brought with her the tastiest little treat– roasted chickpeas. in fact, she showed me how to make them for myself. i proclaim it a keeper & worthy alternate for the usual snacking choices.
here’s how to make ‘em! brought to you by what’s gaby cooking.
- 1 15-oz can garbanzo beans
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- olive oil
- preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- drain and rinse the garbanzo beans in a large colander.
- dry the beans with paper towel (line the countertop and spread on top)
- once dried, place the beans in a mixing bowl. drizzle with olive oil & add spices. toss to coat.
- spread the mixture evenly onto a baking sheet.
- cook 20 minutes & remove pan from the oven. shake the pan to turn the beans.
- bake another 20 minutes. the chickpeas should be crispy and slightly browned when finished roasting.
enjoy a healthy & savory treat!